- Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 111-2016 - Issuance of Subpoena Duces Tecum and submission of reports of investigation/verification on tax cases/dockets
- Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 85-2016 - Further Clarification on Issues Concerning Suspension Audit Pursuant to Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 70-2016, As supplemented by RMC No. 75-2016.
- Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 84-2016 - Exempting all taxpayers applying for issuance of tax credit/refund based on writ of Execution issued by the Court of Tax Appeals and Supreme Court from the requirement of Certifications on Outstanding T
- Revenue Memorandum Order (RMO) No. 26-2016 - Handling Disputed Assessments
- Revenue Memorandum Order (RMO) No. 14-2016 – New Guidelines for Waivers
- RR 1-2016 - Amending certain provisions of RR No. 3-2005
- 2016 BDB Law Mid Year Tax Forum Presentations (Segment 3)
- 2016 BDB Law Mid Year Tax Forum Presentations (Segment 2)
- 2016 BDB Law Mid Year Tax Forum Presentations (Segment 1)
- WTS ASIA PACIFIC TAX PARTNERS: Asia Tax and Trade Bulletin Issue 18 of 2016
- WTS ASIA PACIFIC TAX PARTNERS: Asia Tax and Trade Bulletin Issue 17 of 2016
- WTS ASIA PACIFIC TAX PARTNERS: Asia Tax and Trade Bulletin Issue 5 of 2016
Welcome to Du-Baladad and Associates
Dynamism, coupled with their expertise and long years of experience in the field of taxation and corporate law, prompted Benedicta Du-Baladad and Fulvio D. Dawilan to establish Du-Baladad and Associates, or BDB Law. BDB Law is a growing medium-sized firm that provides competent legal representation and exceptional service in the areas of taxation and corporate law to its wide array of clients.
BDB Law’s associates are equipped with extensive training and experience in handling tax controversies before the Court of Tax Appeals, the regular courts, the Bureau of Internal Revenue, and the Department of Finance. They are highly competent in providing tax and corporate advisory services to the firm’s multi-sectoral clients and assisting them as they work to achieve complex legal, business and financial goals.
The firm is dedicated to ensuring responsive, and high-quality service that is delivered with the strict adherence to the highest ethical standards.
BDB Law takes pride in its commitment to balance both the interests of its clients and that of the community.
We welcome you to our website. Please feel free to contact us to learn more about our services.
This year 2016 is the official start of the much talked about ASEAN Economic Integration (AEI) and this will trigger significant changes in domestic laws as well as regulatory rules and practices. Likewise, with a new President taking over the Government towards the second half of the year, changes in economic policies may happen, and this may include a major tax reform.
This early, there are already ongoing private sector-led preparations for tax reform primarily focused on aligning our tax structure with those of other ASEAN member countries (AMCs). Based on studies, most AMCs have far more favorable tax structures and incentive regimes compared to the Philippines. Thus, considering our entry to the AEI, we expect tax reform to be a major agenda of the new administration.
On this note, BDB Law has committed itself to actively participate and be in the forefront in advocating for a genuine tax reform with the end-objective of having a tax system that is competitive, clear, fair, simple to administer yet fiscally adequate and sound.
Thus, starting 2016, our weekly column in the Business Mirror, “Tax Law for Business” will be dedicated for this undertaking in addition to other activities directed towards achieving this purpose.
Specifically, our advocacy would include, among others, the following:
- Reforming the income tax system, both corporate and personal income taxes, to align it with the ASEAN member countries;
- Removing anti-business provisions that discourages unlocking business potentials, restricts capital mobility, and discourages doing business in the country;
- Reduce compliance cost by simplifying compliance processes, submission requirements and filing procedures in line with the advancement in technology;
- Institutionalizing fairness in claims for tax refunds and in assessment processes;
- Adopting a more lenient tax regime for SMEs such as lower taxes and simpler requirements.
The success of this undertaking, undoubtedly, lies on the support of everyone who are all stakeholders in this country.
I wish you all a great year ahead!
Managing Partner and CEO